Import 3D models to level up your StellarX Collections
Importing 3D models is just as easy as importing any other assets. The only difference is the actual source of the assets, meaning the folder they are located into. Follow the steps below and you'll be creating in no time!
Importing 3D Models 📥
1. First, gather the 3D models you'd like to import into StellarX and make sure that your asset files are saved in the right format (see 3D Models Requirements).
⭐️ If you're importing assets that you've purchased online, make sure your assets have been acquired from trustworthy sources such as Sketchfab.
2. Copy the models you would like to import in the following folder:
⭐️Make sure each model is contained within its own folder if you want to import it correctly to StellarX!
3. Any additional texture can be imported with your model by simply placing it into the folder containing the 3D files:
⭐️ We strongly recommend having your textures in the jpeg format, with a maximum resolution of 1024x1024.
3D Models Requirements
- The 3D model must be in one of the following supported format: GLB, GLTF, ZIP, OBJ, or FBX.
- A compressed file (ZIP) must contain supported files (see supported formats above) to be imported correctly.
- Each 3D model needs to be in its own folder with its own name. Each folder should go in:
- For Windows, "Documents\StellarX\Saves\Imported\Models"
- For Android, "Android\data\com.ova.StellarX\files\Stellarx\Saves\Imported\Models"
- File size must not be larger than 10 MB
- The size of all files located within the model folder (i.e. /wood_cabin/) must not be larger than 10 MB and any model exceeding this number will not be shown.
- Total importation load is restricted to 200 MB
- The size of all your model folders must not be above 200 MB and any model exceeding this number will not be shown.