Hello there, 👋🏻
It's been a while since we haven't pushed new release notes — but there's a reason for that.
Drumroll... We are officially releasing StellarX on the Meta Quest Store!🎊🎉
New Features 💫
With this release, we are providing you with a ton of new content that you can use and interact with:
- Check out our new Template: Monorail, featuring new animated assets, and interactions with Waypoints!
(Drone asset source: https://skfb.ly/6zyDP Author: BlueMesh: https://sketchfab.com/VapTor. CC4.0 attribution license : https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode)
- We transformed our Onboarding experience Space into a new Template: Winterscape. Come experience this beautiful, snowy landscape!
- We also added a bunch of interesting new assets to our Collections, in order to cover other type of industries — and, with those, we created yet another new Template: Heliport. This Template showcases several possibilities and interactions that can easily be built with StellarX!
- For the release on the Meta Quest Store, we've also made sure to adapt some of our older templates to make them compatible with this more lightweight version of StellarX*:
- Added the Storage Facility Template, an adapted version of the Warehouse that's compatible with StellarX Standalone (Meta Quest Store).
- Added the Airdock Template, an adapted version of the Hangar that's compatible with StellarX Standalone (Meta Quest Store).
- Added the Auditorium Template, an adapted version of the Conference Room that's compatible with StellarX Standalone (Meta Quest Store).
*⚠ StellarX Standalone will fully support the following templates: Empty Space, Monorail, Storage Facility, Airdock, Auditorium, and Winterscape. We are working really hard to bring as much content as possible to this Standalone version, so stay tuned for future updates!
- Medias in Media Panels will pause automatically when the StellarX app is unfocused.
- Spaces in the Basecamp are now loaded over time, to prevent any lag or discomfort.
- Added many prompts and information panels to monitor internet connectivity and inform the user if the connection was lost.
Bug Fixes 🐞
- Fixed an issue in the Basecamp where Sections would not remain highlighted after selecting them.
- Fixed many performance issues associated with Collection Assets where FPS would sometimes drop below 60 FPS.
- Fixed a performance issue with the Transform Axis tool where FPS would sometimes drop as low as 43 when using it.
- Added a loading screen after creating a Space to prevent any lag or discomfort in VR.
- Added a loading screen after deleting a Space to prevent any lag or discomfort in VR.
- Fixed issues associated with the VoiP where we would sometimes lose the microphone functionality after losing internet connection.
- Fixed performance issues associated to particles, where FPS would often drop below 55 while emitting smoke or fire.
We are so very proud of this milestone, and cannot wait to hear from you! And as always, stay tuned for future updates. 🎉
- The StellarX Crew ✨