Hello there, 👋🏻
We're back again for some amazing news!
New Features 💫
With this release, we are bringing Mixed Reality features to the Standalone version!* Start blending real and virtual worlds together and open up new possibilities for mixed reality experiences.
*Only the StellarX Standalone version (accessible via the Meta Quest Store), combined with either a Quest 2 or Quest Pro will fully support the Mixed Reality features for now.
- We redesigned our Sign in experience in the PC-VR version to bring a more immersed feeling right from the start! Also, selecting your boot option when launching StellarX from Steam will actually apply your selection properly.
- In consequence, we removed the Mode Selection page that was present at the start, so that you land directly on the login screen.
- We improved the performance of our Time of Day system.
- We added many improvements to the Basecamp:
- A selected section will remain highlighted whether it is unfocused from the panel or not.
- First time users with no Space will be suggested to create a Space from a Template initially.
- first time users will be suggested to experience the Onboarding when first landing to the Basecamp.
- We reduced the lag when displaying Space previews.
- We now display an error message when one or many external assets could not be imported properly.
- We renamed and restructured our Collections by also adding different icons for different types of Collections.
- We added a quick Collections button in Desktop mode to facilitate its access.
- We added tags over animated assets to make them easier to find.
Bug Fixes 🐞
- Fixed an issue with downloaded Spaces where you would need to restart the application to fully load them properly.
- Fixed an issue with duplicating a Space with audios where you would need to restart the application to fully load audios properly.
- Fixed an issue where media titles would not scroll when hovered in the Collections.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the New Space button over and over in the Basecamp would cause performance drops.
- Fixed performance issues with particle systems.
- Fixed an issue where some assets in the Collections were non interactable.
- Fixed an issue where external assets with extensions written in capital letters would not import.
- Fixed an issue where concave collider assets would be impossible to grab, even in Create mode.
- Fixed an issue where pressing Escape repeatedly in Preview mode to switch back to Create mode in Desktop mode would cause performance drops.
- Fixed an issue where Hangar doors may be difficult to open and close in VR.
- Fixed an issue where the radial menu could still be pressed after hovering and dragging a connection out of the canvas.
- Fixed an issue where the Show/Hide node would not work on any asset.
- Fixed an issue where the Glow node would not work on imported assets.
Since our April release, we have reached almost 20,000 downloads and we would like to take a moment to thank all of you for the support and feedback you've been giving us. This has been an amazing journey and the best is yet to come! In the meantime, Let us know how we can improve your StellarX experience and as always, stay tuned for future updates. 🎉
- The StellarX Crew ✨