Mind your toes... 👣
Import Assets with High Definition Colliders to level up your StellarX Collections
Importing assets with High Definition colliders is just as easy as importing any other 3D asset. The only difference between both processes is the actual source of the assets.
Hi-Def Assets... But why? 🧐
Importing assets with very precise colliders allows for more precise interactions to occur within your Space. For instance, it makes Teleportation on certain assets possible; like a large boat.
However, this precision comes at a cost:
- Assets with HD colliders are more taxing on your computer and can cause some performance issues if too many HD assets are in the same Space at the same time.
- Assets with High Definition colliders cannot be Remixed to activate physical properties.
- As a result, it's not possible to Grab a HD asset.
How to Import Assets with Hi-Def Colliders
Follow the steps below and you'll be creating in no time.
1. First, gather the 3D assets you'd like to import into StellarX and make sure that your asset files are saved in the right format:
- 3D Models should be saved in a GLB / GLTF (2.0 files) format.
- Animated Models should be saved in a FBX (2013+) format.
⭐️ If you're importing assets that you've purchased online, make sure your assets have been acquired from trustworthy sources such as SketchFab or Google Poly.
2. Once that's done, go to your StellarX Save location, which is generally located here:
3. Next, go to the Packs folder:
And, you'll notice that a new folder has been created, named: External
4. Then, place the assets you would like to import into the HD Collision folder.
⭐️ We recommend storing each model in its own folder as shown below:
Importing additional textures
Any additional texture can be imported to StellarX by simply placing it into the folder containing the GLTF files.
In order for StellarX to apply the metallic texture to your model, it needs to be explicitly placed in the folder as a PNG file that contains the word "metallic" in its name.